Animazing Project

Here Comes The Sun
Rolling In The Sunlight/
Le Magic Boom

Reflection:

1. The only thing I disliked about the project was how long and tedious the animating process was and how long it took for me to think of a project. I enjoyed the end result and was proud of the animations despite them being far from perfect.

2. I learned onion skinning and how to use different layers.

3. The previous knowledge that I had that helped me the most as knowing the 12 Principles of Animation, which helped bring my animations to life. Another was knowing about backgrounds and foregrounds.

4. One thing I did well was the creativity and the out-of-the box ideas that I came up with especially for the last two. I feel like I could had more secondary actions and having more fun and lively character designs.

5. I would say that they are very creative and imaginative. My drawings are simpler but they allow me to express more with the animation becoming muddle. They’re more comfortable I got, the creative I was. I also think I had great backgrounds and staging.

6. My favorite was Le Magic Boom, because I think it was the funniest out of all of them and the best visually.

3 comments

1. Mo
    I understood the first animation about the flowers growing with the sun’s help, but I did not understand the other two. The Here Comes the Sun animation has the flowers growing and the SECONDARY ACTIONS are the sun and birds moving. The Rolling in the Sunlight has a skateboard and the sun as a SECONDARY ACTION. The Le Majic Boom animation has a big duck as its main action and the fire/sun as its SECONDARY ACTION. I would give Mo a 6 out of 10 for his animation skills and would say he is a competent animator. I think the duck in Le Majic Boom animation has a good APPEAL. I also think that the Rolling in the Sun animation has good SPACE. There was depth and I could tell how far away the road was. Some advice I would give to Mo is to add context to the caption of the Post because the last 2 animations were confusing. What I see is a Babybel Cheese on a skateboard driving which may or may not be what he intended. I have no clue what’s going on in the second one. I think he has a great creative mind but needs to put the view on the same wavelength as him. His drawing skills are great, I would like to see more details in the background.

2. When viewing the animations I could see his creativity and how he interpreted it into his work. I could understand the purpose of the animations as some of them were outside showing the sun, along with its primary movement. There were secondary actions in all his animations and they went well when following the primary actions. He made the actions go by fast by going STRAIGHT AHEAD and using less frames which helped indicate the speed of the actions. In his first animation, here comes the sun, he uses secondary actions welI by having the sun and clouds move while the plant grows making good use of all his objects. In rolling in the sunlight, I think he did a good job utilizing the sun as a secondary action, but I would recommend either speeding up or slowing down the movement of the sun instead of making it the same speed as the skateboard. In his last animation, Le magic boom, I think he did a good job by having the duck move while the man fires the spell from his stick. I would rate this artist as an expert, because he seems to know what he is doing and utilizes SECONDARY ACTIONS well, along with creativity.

3. My favorite post by Moe was called Le Magic Boom. I understood their animation to be a duck monster being blown up by a wizard, which was a very abstract concept. There was no secondary action in the animation but he made great use of VALUE through his all black background, contrasting with the other colors in his animation. Additionally he uses TIMING, to increase the realism behind the use of the spell which travels to the duck monster slowly but then it blows up immediately causing the whole screen to turn yellow and orange. I think that this artist’s skills are competent considering that overall he had some good concepts, however the frames left out a lot of action which decreased how fluid the animations were. So overall, to increase his skill I think that he could include some more frames.